Farmhouse Table Makeover With Milk Paint

$50

It is makeover time! Yup, I got another little furniture makeover under my belt. Our farmhouse table got a makeover with milk paint, and she is looking good.

The new color makes all the difference in the world. And it didn’t even take that many steps to get her there.

I took the table outside and gave her a proper sanding. I sanded the top until the bare wood, and the legs until they were truly and well roughed up.

Complete details and tutorial are on my blog.

Time for some milk paint action! I really wanted a farmhouse table look, so I knew that any modern paint just wouldn’t do. So I opted for Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint.

I sanded her so hard because I didn’t really want any major chipping action and milk paint adheres to raw wood like a dream.

There are more Milk Paint details on my blog post.

See how that yellow wood, just clashed. Now my ‘new’ old table and my hutch make harmony together.

The project took a couple of days working on and off, but it went pretty straight forward.

After that it was a matter of waxing.

I used the proper wax brush for a change. What a difference! I’ve only used the sock method before, but I must say that wax brush makes the job so much easier.

To see more photos and get all the details, please stop by my blog. Especially if you haven't used Milk Paint before, you'll want to read my tips so you can get the "farmhouse" look too!

• Milk paint
  • Wax

Marianne Songbird