Jackie
Jackie
  • Prescott Valley, AZ
Asked on Nov 14, 2014

Counter top

Kelley MNatasha D'astous-BolukTammy
+11

This is a stain on my counter top from a bottle of cleaning product. How can I get it off? I have used bleach and magic eraser.
Cemical stain
Cemical stain
  • Sue

I had that happen too. I used a razor and lightly scraped it off. Good luck and scrape very lightly!!

• Shari

You might try soaking cotton balls or a white cloth with hydrogen peroxide and leaving it over the stained area overnight. It should at least lighten the stain and repeated applications may even completely remove the stain altogether.

• Barbara Burnham

Maybe soft scrub and blue (no scratch scrubby)?

• Lee Cunningham Green

soaking overnight you can use peroxide or bleach, I lighten my sink once a week with a cap full of bleach and an inch of water.

• Kelley M

What type of counter is it? What type of cleaning product made the stain? Depending on the countertop type will make a difference in the suggestions.

• Melissa Dingee

I have had this and used soft scrub and a sponge it works really well

• Lois

White toothpaste! Put on for a couple of hours then wipe with soft warm water sponge

• Linda

A spray of clorox and let it set a while works for me. Hope this helps!

• Lisa

None of those worked for me!! I need help!!!!

• Try dipping a rag in egg yolk and cleaning with that. Works for some other stains...don't know if it would work for this one or not.

• Ros2354049

Try Bar Keeper Friend and a scrub.

• Tammy

I USE COMET ON MY COUNTERTOPS

• Natasha D'astous-Boluk

Try letting damp baking soda sit on it for awhile the scrub in a circular motion. works well for me with any stains on laminate countertops

• Kelley M

Take a layer of baking soda over the stain then drizzle hydrogen peroxide over the top to make a wet paste. Let it bubble on the stain for about 5 minutes then add a bit more baking soda to make a thicker paste and scrub with that. It will take a bit of elbow grease but it will work. Make sure you change directions on your scrubbing motion so you don't create swirls in the counter.