How to Wash and Whiten Pillows

Don't throw away your yellowed, stained pillows! Get them fresh and clean and even remove the yellow stains with this easy process. Saves you time and money!
Until now, I’ve just thrown dirty pillows away and gone to buy more cheap ones for my boys to destroy. I did try just tossing them in the wash once, but I wasn’t happy with the results. This time, I tried this new “magic” cleaning solution and was thrilled with my success!
Start with a few basic cleaning supplies and wash your pillows in your own washing machine.
-HOT water
-Laundry detergent
-Powdered dish washing detergent
-Borax
-Bleach
(for measurements and before and after photos, please visit the link below!)
(AFTER checking to be sure your pillow is washable-most are), you'll need to turn the pillows half way through the agitating cycle so you can be sure both sides of the pillows get thoroughly soaked in the cleaning solution.
After washing, you're going to need to use this little trick to get them fluffed back up in the dryer.
Ta da! Clean and fluffy pillows once again! To read more details and get the cleaning solution measurements, please visit my site!
Nicole Burkholder

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 12 questions

Comments

3 of 133 comments
Next