Nicole Burkholder
Nicole Burkholder
  • Murrieta, CA

How to Wash and Whiten Pillows

Don't throw away your yellowed, stained pillows! Get them fresh and clean and even remove the yellow stains with this easy process. Saves you time and money!
how to wash and whiten pillows, cleaning tips, how to
Until now, I’ve just thrown dirty pillows away and gone to buy more cheap ones for my boys to destroy. I did try just tossing them in the wash once, but I wasn’t happy with the results. This time, I tried this new “magic” cleaning solution and was thrilled with my success!
Start with a few basic cleaning supplies and wash your pillows in your own washing machine.
-HOT water
-Laundry detergent
-Powdered dish washing detergent
-Borax
-Bleach
(for measurements and before and after photos, please visit the link below!)
(AFTER checking to be sure your pillow is washable-most are), you'll need to turn the pillows half way through the agitating cycle so you can be sure both sides of the pillows get thoroughly soaked in the cleaning solution.
After washing, you're going to need to use this little trick to get them fluffed back up in the dryer.
Ta da! Clean and fluffy pillows once again! To read more details and get the cleaning solution measurements, please visit my site!
Nicole Burkholder

• Gladys Benitez

Hi, My washer doesn't have a mini, very low agitator. Will this make any difference? I don't want my pillows to go all lopsy :(:(:( on the inside, like that other commentor mentioned :):):).
    Thank You.
    • Diane

I use the delicate cycle on my washer. It works sell

• Mary Iverson

Whenever I wash a pillow, it always comes out of the washer misshapen and lumpy.
    i have a front loading washer. Help!
  • Sandy

how do u clean feather pillows?