Overwintering Geraniums

Would you believe this Geranium is 5 years old? With a total outlay of approximately $10, the total cost per year is $2. When it is time for frost, bring your geraniums into the garage/shed for the winter. I hang mine from the ceiling with hooks. Let it go dormant and when March rolls around and the weather gets nicer, start putting it out in the sun during the day and start watering it. (I don't water all winter long.) It will get ratty looking, but in the Spring, remove all the yucky stuff, it'll grow back. I had about given up on this one this Spring, and look at it now!

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps

• Becky (J) P

I'm going to have to try this myself (the basement) this winter. I moved, and they didn't survive (finally, after all these years) in the garage at this house. Going to try with the new batch of geraniums I bought this year.

• Margaret Campbell Gallagher

to my surprise my geraniums survived the winter in my heated basement. I will try again this year. love the savings instead of buying new plants. And don't forget to dig up your tubers in the fall.