Angela A
Angela A
  • Lula, GA

One of my fun pastimes turned profit!

When my son was little I was a stay at home mom, I found things to do to pass the time when I wasn't busy with him, and I started making jelly from garden ingredients. Been doing it 19ish years now. Well people started asking if they could buy a jar here and there, so I started a little side business with it....I love doing it, but more than that, I love to hear people say how much they enjoyed eating it,
Pepper Jelly
Pepper Jelly
Muscadine Jelly
Muscadine Jelly
Group photo
Group photo
Pear Honey
Pear Honey
Muscadine Jelly
Muscadine Jelly
Muscadine
Muscadine
Pepper Jelly
Pepper Jelly
Pickled Jalapenos
Pickled Jalapenos

• Mary

How did you sell? How did you price? Thx Mary Dore

• Brenda

Angela, do you have recipes that you share with people. I would love to can some jelly or anything else that you don't mine sharing. Thanks

• Suella Kirkham

A friend and I have exchanged homemade edibles at Christmas. We always try to do something different each year. But after many, many years we got desperate and have often turned to internet searches and in the last few years we have enjoyed some great tasting "one-upsmanship" with recipes we've found. One of my best has been Pineapple Habanero Jam; and a much appreciated, although perhaps not as good as store-bought, limoncello.

• Angela A

Hi Brenda, I pretty much go by the recipes on the suregel packages for alot of them but I do have some recipes that are not from there. I'd be happy to pass them along to a fellow canner! :-) you can email me @ scoot1973atl@yahoo.com. :-)