Where to get grain sack/french linen fabrics?

+12
I am on the look out for online shops who sell grain sack, either original, by the yard or replica that I can use for interiour purpose.
Any tips? I would be very greatful!
q were to get grain sack french linen fabrics, crafts, reupholster
  • Jill Feigelman Jill Feigelman on Nov 17, 2014
    Check out how @Debbie @ Confessions of a Plate Addict made her own: http://www.hometalk.com/911466/make-your-own-vintage-french-table-linens
  • Believe it or not, I made my pillow covers from dishtowels. I searched everywhere and found some with the handwriting or French prints in TJMaxx and Marshalls. I also looked at the clearance items in Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma. I found lovely prints and stripes, like the ones above in the photo. Good luck!!
  • MagnoliaMama MagnoliaMama on Nov 19, 2014
    Are you searching for the plain fabric rather than fabric with pre-printed images? You might try looking for Feed Sack, heavy muslin, ticking, or sturdy cotton yardage on ebay and other online sites. I have seen it there before.
  • Audrie Tallent Audrie Tallent on Nov 19, 2014
    Here in Houston Texas you can buy rice in those bags @ H.E.B Stores.
    • Patti Seel Patti Seel on Nov 08, 2020

i didnt know that...how do you find those rice bags? im here in houston, too...have never seen those...

• Suzi Black Suzi Black on Nov 19, 2014
    Not exactly the same but you get a nice and similar look using painters clothes from Lowes or Home Depot and you can get large ones (that will make a handful of pillows) for cheap. I always wash and use fabric softener first. Then you can stencil on designs.
    • See 1 previous
    • Pagan Raven Pagan Raven on Feb 04, 2015
      @Tone If you are looking for just a fabric (without the prints) something that is a very close match to canvas/drop cloth material is muslin. Unbleached muslin. Good luck!
  • MagnoliaMama MagnoliaMama on Nov 20, 2014
    Try looking for unbleached canvas too. i bought some at Hancock Fabrics, but art stores might have it as well (don't get the primed kind). It will be really thick but would work up into some great pillows, placemats, or runners. Use it for floor cloths too (Ok, DO use the primed kind for these!).
  • Dee Dee on Jun 16, 2015
    If you want true sacking, try your local coffee shop. If they roast and/or grind their own beans they may have nice burlap coffee sacks.
  • Susan Meggitt Susan Meggitt on Nov 26, 2017
    They sell feed sack bags on Ebay. Also check auctions and antique stores. If you tell dealers what you're looking for they can contact you when they get some. True bags in descent condition are hard to find. Good luck!
  • Marie Hoke Marie Hoke on Dec 17, 2017
    I have a bunch I found at antique stores and Thrift store!
  • Andrea Bush Bly Andrea Bush Bly on Aug 07, 2018

Etsy has a ton of sellers