Susan S
Susan S
  • Fredericksburg, VA

PISTASCHIOS & STUCCO

ITALIAN VILLA BIRDHOUSE.
To be perfectly honest I don't know if this would hold up outside unless it was in a protected area. It might be best to use it as a decorative item!!
Simple wooden birdhouse w/pistaschio shells on the roof
This shows the peaks in the stucco a little clearer.
Stucco added but instead of smoothing it out I lifted the putty knife to form peaks in the stucco.

• Virginia Thornton

Love this. What a great idea for pastacios shells. Does anyone have ideas to recycle plastic 6 pack soda or beer holders. Really think that there is some great idea to do with them.

• Capernius

In my personal opinion, I think this bird house is really cute! I think you have worked hard to make this a reality, & the high quality shows. TY for sharing this with all of us here Ms.Susan. : ) If you use a polyurethane glue(such as Gorilla Glue) & then spray a clear polyurethane over the entire roof, yes the shells should stay.