Make Faux Birch Logs Using Foam Pool Noodles

Birch logs are so beautiful and bring a bit of the great outdoors into your home. I enjoy the coziness that logs bring. However, birch logs can be hard to find and when you do find them they aren't cheap.
I designed a "Santa's Cabin-in-the-Woods" theme Christmas tree. I wanted the look of birch and figured out how to create it using foam pool noodles from the dollar store. Also, a good alternative is plumbing insulation from the hardware store.
If you want to see more pictures of my tree and for Chrismas Tree decorating tips and hacks visit this post http://www.designdazzle.com/2014/11/christmas-tree-decorating-tips-hacks/
It's fun for me to think of unique ways to use dollar store items such as pool noodles to repurpose into something completely different!
This is what the birch logs should look like once the paper is all glued on and dried. Wrap the craft paper around the pool noodle to measure how much paper you will need. Cut at the proper width, making sure that the whole noodle is covered. Rip the paper into strips horizontally. Crumple the strips into wads so that the paper will be wrinkled. Then, paint the pool noodle with the tacky glue. Arrange the paper on the noodle, covering the whole thing.
Please check my blog post for the complete tutorial and instructions. Link to the blog post is at the bottom of this post.
The logs placed in a basket of greenery, twigs, pine cones and lights make for a beautiful arrangement in front of the fireplace.
For the complete tutorial see our blog post.

These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Memorial Day Crafts
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Toni - Design Dazzle

• Doreen

I'm in awwe!!! Extremely realistic looking!!! Better yet it cost nothing!! Ilove love love birch!!! I actually like when someone this creative has a blog, this way I can see other things they have made! and repurposing something, even better. I did a pool noodle wreath for Halloween using socks from The Dollar tree!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

• Katherine Cornett Hall

So inspiring! Love your blog. . . following. Can't wit to make these birch logs, so excited! Thank You!