Susan S

PART 1: MAJOR MAKEOVER FOR GARDEN CRITTERS

BUNNIES & TURTLES
I've had these adorable figurines sitting in various parts of my backyard flower gardens for years. I suddenly realized about mid summer how drab & scraggly they were looking and needed a makeover.
Poor Bunny - she has no color at all! Looks pretty blah!
Fresh new paint livened her up a bit don't you think? Now you can actually read her sign.
. . . . and her backside!
Sweet Baby Bunny - isn't she adorable? (Yes, I forgot her before pic but she had NO color whatsoever!!
And her other side!

• Sharon Russell

Wow - we have the same bunny! Mine is faded and now that I know how cute it can look, I'll be painting it, too! The comment about the elves hanging from rope...I have 2, and one is standing on a faded leaf ( swinging) and the other is laying in the hammock of leaves. I'd forgotten I even had them! So thanks for not only jogging my memory, but for the ideas to paint and perk them all up :) Can you recommend a good sealer so that they'll stay bright and happy?

• Susan S

Sharron Russell - I don't get on Hometalk as much as I used to so I just now saw your comment. I used Minwax Polyurathane spray, I think it was an indoor/outdoor type since these were going to be outside all summer. They've held up really well with no chipping or peeling at all.