ANOTHER BURLAP TABLE RUNNER

I've had 2 pieces of burlap for so long that I'm surprised it hadn't dry rotted!
With thanks to Colleen Jorgensen on her "How to make a fall mantle scarf from burlap" 9-4-12, I finally thought Ah Ha!! So I set out to try her idea. . . . . .
I used my rubber stamps and made my leaves and went around the edges w/Modge Podge (just like she said) so it wouldn't ravel. Then I meticulously cut 'n cut 'n cut lotsa leaves. Oh, and I hand painted the veins too!
THEN IT DAWNED ON ME!! I DON'T have a mantle - well, I sorta have a mantle I just don't have a fireplace - that's another story. So, I did the next best thing and made it into a table runner. It was already fringed on the ends!!
The Modge Podge drys clear - yeah! I added veining on the leaves and then used stitch witchery to attach the leaves. In retro spect, I should have just stamped them onto the runner. Remember, this WAS going to be a mantle scarf!

• Donna R

Actually had to check back once more. So we have been in our homes about the same amount of time and you understand what I mean. You know every detail and watched the house grow up! Ours is now at the state of needing updating. Countertops, floors, etc. Don't know if we can get this done or offer an allowance for it. Anyway, talk to you tomorrow. That Ramblin' post is wild tonight! So much fun!

• Sharon B

I c u like the burlap, I use to make Xmas baskets with it.....cut a circle of burlap, use a stencil to put Welcome on it and bring it up into a basket and fill with pine cones, homemade gingerbread men, dried, berries and a candle with greens......I sold 28 for a Xmas buffet dinner, their tables...oh and added sticks too.......I put twine through them to gather them up and red ribbon to hide it......wish I had a pic, some place I do.....haha but wanted to share ......some I put candy canes in as well