Builder Grade Bathroom Makeover

We moved into our 1979 builder grade home a few months ago and have had so much fun updating it on a budget by improving what we already have- which is exactly what we did with this bathroom makeover!
This is what we started off with. Three cabinets and a laminate top as a vanity, a large closet (amazing for storage- but we also have one twice this size right outside of the bathroom!) and a lot of flat paint.
And here's what the room looks like when you enter it now!
The vanity got some serious patch work with wood putty and a fresh coat of paint. The side cabinet doors were removed and a shelf with baskets was added to create open storage for all of our toiletries. The countertop got a concrete treatment that went right over the laminate, and we kept the original sink- just adding a new faucet as the old one was beyond repair. New hardware was added and we had a new refreshed vanity for WAY less than buying new!
Our one splurge on the room was new tile on the floors. My guy put it all down in a weekend as a surprise birthday present and I just love it! He was able to lay it right over the old tile (which was NOT coming up and he consulted with a professional who made the suggestion to go right over it) which saved time and money as well.
We also decided to keep the door off of the closet and create more open storage for towels, toiletries and hampers. We had extra wood planking from a previous project, so we added it to the back of the closet and created a new frame with scrap wood to make it look like a built-in instead of a closet with no door.
The mirror was framed out using inexpensive 1x4's, a light fixture that had been sitting in my parents basement collecting dust replaced the old mirrored fixture, artwork I created for free using pastels was hung, a wood valance was put up, and a new shower curtain (the inspiration for the gray and yellow theme) completed this bathroom makeover. Almost all of the accessories came from Homegoods/Marshalls/TJMaxx and the flowers are a fun pop of yellow that make me forget that it's freezing outside while getting ready in the morning : )
For more details check out our blog, Sypsie Designs. We will post the step by step tutorials for everything on there soon!

30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Sypsie Designs

• Linda

Could you pleeeae explain how you did the counter top?

• Amber

So beautiful! What color of paint is on the walls?

• Lil darlin

I LOVE IT!!! I bought a 1970 house also but im stuck with a pee yellow tub and toilet. I just hide the tub with the shower curtain but maybe some day I will be able to replace the toilet.