Marty's Musings
Marty's Musings
  • Greensboro, NC

Blessing Jar: Record blessings throughout the year and open on Thanksgiving as a family

This is a cherished tradition in our family that we've been doing since 1999. Throughout the year this simple jar sits on our kitchen table and we fill it with blessings recorded on slips of paper. On Thanksgiving evening, after we've purchased and decorated our Christmas tree, we empty out the jar and read the blessings as a reflection of our year.
I used my Cricut to cut out the vinyl letters.
Our blessing jar, empty and waiting to be filled!
Each year I make a scrapbook layout and use some of our "blessings" as a reminder of our year.
Marty's Musings

• Danielle Brault

Such a sweet idea. It reminds me of how, one year, my sister was at a particularly low point in her life. I had my children sit with me, and we filled a jar with reasons we loved her. That was more than 25 years ago, and she still cherishes that jar.

• Judy

This idea is so awesome! I have family memebers who battle depression tjat this would help. Thank you for your undiscovered blessing.

• Becky Partain

Very inspirational!!! Thank you!!!