DIY Vintage Christmas Postcard Poinsettias

Here's a quick Christmas decoration craft project that will make a huge impact on your tree or in your decor.
diy vintage christmas postcard poinsettias, christmas decorations, diy, seasonal holiday decor
Hey y'all. I'm so excited to show you a sneak peek of one of my Christmas decorations!
You know those serendipitous moments - the ones that are few and far between? I had one of those moments while I was crafting this week. A Christmas decoration idea suddenly came to me, I had all of the materials in my home already and I got a chance to take out my beloved vintage Christmas postcards to use for my project. Aren't they beautiful?
These cards are the real deal...dated from 1900 to 1913. I have been collecting them for many years now and I prefer the cards with Santa Clauses on the front. And, as pretty as the fronts of the postcards are, I am drawn to the back of the cards as well. I like to read what people wrote to loved ones at Christmastime - what part of the country was the card sent from, whom was it delivered to and I'm really intrigued by the penmanship. I thought that the pretty neutral and creamy white postcard backs would be perfect for what I had in mind.
So...I placed several cards on the photocopier. I chose to print on both sides of heavy card stock.
This is what it looks like after printing...isn't it pretty?
I created three leaf patterns - small, medium and large.
I stacked three printed sheets together and cut out each leaf size twice - giving me six leafs of each size.
I started with the bottom layer first and added a dab of glue to each leaf. Using a glue gun is the quickest way to complete this project, but you can also use Elmer's Glue or any other adhesive you are happy with.
I found these floral stems a week ago at the dollar store. At the time, I didn't know what I was going to use them for but I like the gold clusters. I glued three of these clusters onto the center of the flower.
I pulled back each leaf layer so that the flower wasn't flat.
This is what it looks like...I love it! One down, 20 more to go :)
I really like how the green stamps stand out as well as the postal cancellation and markings...do you see the 1909 postmark?
This was quick, fun and easy and will make a huge impact on our tree. I can't wait!
2 Bees in a Pod - Vicki and Jennifer

• RESAW

I can't believe you ruined vintage postcards. You could have copies the backs on card stock and made the flowers.

• Chris aka monkey

@RESAW did you even read her post...she did copy them please if you feel the need to reply read the post first xx

• Normaann2012

Beautiful ! 😄🎄🎅