Ann Marie
Ann Marie
  • Saint Charles, IL

Holiday Ready Dining Room Reveal

2 Weeks

My favorite holiday tradition is being home. Gathering around the dinner table, entertaining, and lingering a little bit longer than normal. We moved into our home less than a month ago and this dining room/kitchen is what sold us on the house!
But when we moved in, the space seemed dark, lacked seating, and didn't have enough storage. This needed to be fixed before the holidays! We painted and added in pieces that solved our issues and made this the perfect dining room for entertaining.
Visit my post for the complete source and color list.
Before: great room, but dark.
Before: great room, but dark.
Before: Nice room, but it felt dark and dated.
Before: love the fireplace!
Before: love the fireplace!
After painting and adding in new pieces, the space is light, bright, and gives a farmhouse feel. We have plenty of seating and lots of storage (even some hidden storage). The hutches were purchased but almost look built in!
how to set up a holiday ready dining room, dining room ideas, seasonal holiday decor
Little details like the lights update and cozy up the space.
We add in a lot of everyday color to the room, so I kept the Christmas decor simple and even used branches from the yard.
Come on over, you're all invited for a big cup of hot chocolate!
For a complete source list, visit my site.
Ann Marie

• Madeline M

Wanda, what is the matter? Why the negativity? The redecorated room looks super! Compliments to Ann Marie!

• Rhonda Couch

Beautiful redo!! I love the softer shade of gray and white doors. I would have never tried that, because I like to stay with the natural wood as much as possible, but the doors are perfect!! The only thing I like better than natural wood is lots of light and you achieved both...congratulations!!!