Burlap Poinsettia Christmas Ornaments

These double-sided ornaments are simple to make and will add just the right amount of rustic charm to your Christmas tree or home decor. The supplies? Burlap, hot glue, holly berry branches, twine or ribbon for hanging & scissors. You'll also want to cut out a leaf template to use for cutting out each of your leaves.
The leaf template I made was approximately 4.5" and was made out of paper. I used it to cut out 6 leaves from the burlap. Don't stress about making them perfectly sized. It will all come out beautifully. :)
Pinch each leaf in the middle and apply a small dot of hot glue to secure.
Fold the leaf in half and again, apply a small amount of hot glue to secure.
Repeat the process with the other leaves. In the photo above, you will see three of the six leaves that we will use to create the first flower. Apply a small amount of glue to the side of each folded leaf and attach it together to form your flower.
Repeat the process so that you have two completed flowers. Hot glue the back side of one flower and secure it to the back side of your other.
Cut out 6 holly berries and hot glue three to the center of each side's flower. Cut out a piece of twine or ribbon and glue this down between the petals.
Trim any loose strands of burlap. If your ornament will be repeatedly handled, limit the fraying of the burlap by applying a small line of hot glue around the edges or you can also apply a thin layer of Mod Podge.
Quick & Easy! For the full tutorial, please visit my original post at: http://frumpybumpkin.com/burlap-poinsettia-ornaments/

Stefanie

• Nancy Perkins

May I pls get this video form. For the poi nsetta.it would be a little easier to learn.

My email nperkins51@yahoo.com

• Deb Muncy Henderson

You stated the template is 4.5 long, can you tell me approx how wide at the widest point it is? Thanks!

• Constance

My guess it is about 5 "wide. I am going to make some for my tree. I have pine cones dipped in paint , glitter , berries & greenery and twine to tie and this will look good with this burlap

• Ann Albonetti Williams

This would also be cute on a wine bottle "gift".