Asked on Nov 22, 2014

What would you do with this 4-tiered wire basket store display?

Chrisla I. KhillawanNola WhitlowMyrna Phelps
+51

I found this in a salvage yard and painted it in silver. It's a bit wobbly but curious what people would do with it. Thank you!
  • Lois
    Lois

Line each tray with burlap (free at horse farms) fill with peat moss and plant impatients. That would be beautiful as impatients tend to grown downward. at the top I would remove that square piece of metal and buy a small (maybe kids size) plastic watering can, make a hole big enough in the bottom to go over the exiting pole just for decoration. I think that would be so pretty when in bloom for a deck patio or yard

• Zulemaya
      Zulemaya

Lois that sounds really nice. I live in the desert so I would use succulents that grow long and drapey. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• Chris aka monkey
    Chris aka monkey

@Zulemaya before making it a permanent display like lois' great idea you could use it for Christmas with pine cones and greens etc. i think it would look great fake presents wrapped in kraft paper burlap twine endless possibilities great find xx

• Zulemaya
    Zulemaya

Chris I like Lois idea too but with succulents. But I too had the same idea of turning it into some kind of Christmas tree decor that you suggest. I could go 50s or 60s kitschy glam with silver tinsel. Or a super modern look. The possibilities indeed are endless. Thanks for the feedback.

• Leslie
    Leslie

I like the idea of using it for Christmas, you could use it in the mud room for shoes, gloves hats. I you have children use one basket for each child. The plant ideas are great too, if you have a patio you could move it to different places, for shade or sun. The wheels are great. Summer pool toys would dry very quickly on the shelves.

• Lois
    Lois

Loving the pool idea! I live in the northeast and one to the "cactus" family plants I plant every year is call portulaca. Succulent the blooms are like little colorful roses. They love the heat and dry

• Barbara Valenti
    Barbara Valenti

I actually see a few uses, first in my closet area to hold scarves, gloves hats, small accessories. Rolled up socks, stuff like that. Then in the kitchen , I already have a 3 tier hanging basket next to my window sink, holding rolled up dishtowels and small handtowels in the colors of my kitchen, pink and black. Very handy. I am sure I could think of more things to do with that rack. In the garage to hold small hand tools, etc.

• Barbara Valenti
    Barbara Valenti

Let us know what you deside to do with it? I love DIY projects!

• Peggy
    Peggy

I can picture it used for the Christmas ideas. I have a smaller version so now I know what to do with it for Holidays. Thanks everyone for sharing ideas. Love Hometalk I took mine and added the glistening balls and ribbon to try for Christmas. Really like it. Normally I have been using for fruit or onions.

• Efi866364
    Efi866364

I have a smaller size and i use as a center piece to store fruit.

• Barbara Purtlebaugh
    Barbara Purtlebaugh

use it for stuffed animals

• Zulemaya
    Zulemaya

I am prepping it for ornaments. Getting some pine trimmings. Will post pix.

• Marie farrell
    Marie farrell

Socks Slippers Hats ECT organizer can be used one shelf for each person .. depends if you want it inside or out

• Kelly S
    Kelly S

I would put in in the craft room and store yarn in it. That is after using it to hold Christmas decorations and presents. It would also hold all my pine cones for crafting.

• Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells

Organize craft supplies or use for onions and such that you don't refrigerate. Good luck. Postpictures when done.

• Ruidoso
    Ruidoso

It is great for a multi-use item....right now as you prep it for Christmas, and put pine cones and greenery in--don't forget to put plenty of Christmas ornaments in one or more based on your color scheme.

• Janet
    Janet

A scrap booker would love this item because you can add clip it up hooks to the edges of the wire to hold all sorts of scrap book supplies and the bowls can hold ribbon or punches. The best thing is that after loading it up with scrap book tools and products the item does not take up much craft room real estate. It could also hold shoes and mitts, but I would use it for crafts.

• Sally fambro
    Sally fambro

If bathroom is large enough place towels and tp.

• Brenda R
    Brenda R

plant flowers

• Norma Zarpak
    Norma Zarpak

I would store my fresh fruit in it in the kitchen!

• Melissa Voorheis
    Melissa Voorheis

I have something similar from a thrift store and I store crafting supplies in mine. Threads on one layer, ribbons on one layer, glue bottles on one layer, and sample size jars of paint in the last layer. I have a LOT of craft supplies, though. Mine is FULL.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I'd use it as a poinsettia Christmas tree. Fill in all the empty spaces with poinsettia. Or may a plant holder.

• The Micro Gardener - Anne
    The Micro Gardener - Anne

I can see it as a portable herb garden! Line each basket with a coconut fibre basket liner, fill with potting mix & your favourite herbs. Position in a sunny spot so you can water outside & wheel indoors for harvesting at meal time! Easy to rotate in a small space & the fragrance & textures of delicious herbs would look amazing as a feature. Practical & pretty! If you need a potting mix recipe, feel free to try mine http://themicrogardener.com/easy-diy-potting-mix-recipe/

q craft ideas for 4 tiered wire basket store display, crafts, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, Whilst this is a hanging tiered herb basket it might give you an idea of what yours could look like Via
  • Dusty Bookcase
    Dusty Bookcase

hats and mitts and scarves, if thing were wet, clothes pin could be used to hang to dry

• Jacki Nino
    Jacki Nino

I would put a large pot under it & plant different herb's in each tier.

• Zulemaya
    Zulemaya

I procrastinated. But this is what it is looking like. Still a work in progress. I need to go get some giant ornament balls to make the scale work. I have attached battery operated lights on each layer. But with less than a day to Christmas done is better than fabulous.

q craft ideas for 4 tiered wire basket store display, crafts, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, Tiered wire basket display dolled up for Christmas
  • Diamond Chamberlin
    Diamond Chamberlin

I would use it in my kitchen for fresh vegies like potatoes, onions and tomatoes . Could also use it as an tiered planter for something like herbs .

• Terri Wright
    Terri Wright

I would use it in my craft room. Several tiers for rubber stamps that I use all the time...another level for the ink pads, another level for the embossing inks and embossers...etc.

• Terri Wright
    Terri Wright

I might also use it in my niece's room for hair ties, jewelry, pretty things, etc.

• Terri Wright
    Terri Wright

Also good for the guest bathroom - between the sinks - towels on two tiers, travel sized bathroom necessities that one of my guest may have forgotten - another tier for the nightlights that my sweet husband leaves out for our guests (he wants them comfy in a strange place) and another tier for the snax I leave out for my guests: apples, nuts, granola bars, candy. I would also thread some pretty ribbons through the wires to match the bath decor.

• Truly Musgrove
    Truly Musgrove

wow now you have a seasonal tier basket Zulemaya good job good idea.Every one gave some interesting ideas too.I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!

• Rose Goodman
    Rose Goodman

this would make a wonderful portable hall closet muddy shoes on a rug beneath coats hung around gloves in one basket scarves in another and in smaller baskets sunglasses on top

• Dobi
    Dobi

definitely good for storage! depends on where you wanted to put it, with the wheels not on carpet, but it could hold gardening supplies, it could hold mittens, gloves, scarves, by a outside door for seasonal gear. lots of possibilities!

• Marianne
    Marianne

I would also make it an herb garden, keeping it on my deck so I can also enjoy the full benefits of the wonderful smells and easy access to my kitchen.

• Maryinrockport
    Maryinrockport

I too, have a 3 tier Basket (I just can not part with it) You have given me idea as to what to do with it. I like the all the ideas what people would do with one.

• Sue S
    Sue S

I use mine to put plants in it outside. and you put moss in it and then dirt.

q craft ideas for 4 tiered wire basket store display, crafts, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, this is my three tier
  • Candice McCallister
    Candice McCallister

I would use it to store vegetables and fruits on top and onions and potatoes on the bottle 2 racks.

• Lorre Hopkins
    Lorre Hopkins

If your bathroom has a pedestal sink I would use it to put toilet paper, magazines and other reading material, etc

• Kletta
    Kletta

This looks like the ones they use or used to use in beauty salons for hair rollers,clips,brushes,etc. I can't tell how tall it is.

• MT Allen
    MT Allen

I would use it for vegetables and fruit you don't want to refrigerate.

• Angel12824
    Angel12824

My in-laws have something similar and use for shoes at the front door. :)

• Carol Clark
    Carol Clark

I would use it in my art studio, to hold things like sponges, rags, smaller paints, music cd's ,spray bottle, art supplies.

• Zulemaya
    Zulemaya

Thanks everyone for your feedback. this thing is really huge in diameter and nearly 6 feet tall. I will probably put it out on the patio in spring and put some smaller potted plants in it. I had fun doing it up for Christmas this year and may go even more over the top (will have to start in November though)

• Dawn Atkinson
    Dawn Atkinson

use it as a veggie rack ....

• Melvyn Ingram
    Melvyn Ingram

Turn into planter with the plants that over hang and top one for climber...

• Judy Rosalez
    Judy Rosalez

Use next to bath tub to hold toiletries ,wash cloths etc.

• Lsa Wilson
    Lsa Wilson

I would put my make up compacts in it for my bathroom. Or in the living room, use it as a funky portable bookcase.

• Connie
    Connie

Fill with craft supplies. Paints and brushes, ink pads. wow that would hold it all.

• Maureen
    Maureen

How about putting those shoes in them? Maybe a little deco in the top.!

• Myrna Phelps
    Myrna Phelps

In the pantry- for fresh root vegetables.

• Nola Whitlow
    Nola Whitlow

How about sell it to me? 😃 I would love to have the problem of what to do with it! I like all the above ideas and I'm sure I could dream up some more!!! Enjoy it... Looks like you will have enough ideas if one don't work, another surely will!

• Chrisla I. Khillawan
    Chrisla I. Khillawan

Medication/cosmetics could be shared.