Finally Done With the Living Room Remodel (the Last Bit of Molding)

I haven't worked on the family room remodel for a looooong time now. It's been stalled. eleven months after starting. Finally, I received the big kick in the butt I needed to finish the project.
family room remodel idea, home decor, living room ideas, wall decor, woodworking projects
It was a lot of work. New paint, bamboo flooring, base molding. crown molding, and a shelving unit changed the room dramatically. Then I ran out of steam. The project was stalled but the calendar marched along.
So, what was left to wrap this project up? This, opening,.. archway,.. doorway,... door-hole thing between the living room and dining room / kitchen area.
This opening features beat-up, rounded corners. This style of rounded corners is popular here in the southwest, in newer homes. This is the only location in our home that has them, probably a 1979 premium-upgrade from the tract home builder.
They don't fit the style of the house and are in rough shape. The crown molding above it is still unpainted.
I wrapped the inner section with pre-finished window casing and snapped some trim around it. (More detail in the blog story). I don't know why I stalled so long.
Some putty, caulk, and paint later and it was done. It really freshened up the room.
With that last bit done the room is complete. All we need is a nice chair or two, a rug, and some small end tables. Either way, construction is done!
Here are some before and afters of the whole project:
BEFORE
BEFORE
AFTER
AFTER
BEFORE
BEFORE
AFTER
AFTER
A fun project. Take a look at the whole project as well as more on this final bit in the blog post. Enjoy!

John @ AZ DIY Guy

• Craig

Nice progress. "Air Gun Cheater!" LOL

• Anna Picket

The new flooring as well as the shelving unit for the TV along the wall really changed the look of the room. It feels bigger somehow in these pictures. Maybe we should redo the flooring in our living room as well. The carpet is a bit worn out. http://www.sunrisetreeandlandscape.com