Santa and Frosty

I like re-purposing things. These wood utensils were beautifully made but I never used them.
I love wood salad bowls but the wood utensils that come with? Not so much, I prefer tongs.
First, I drilled holes for hanging and primed the wood after a light sanding.
I painted berry red for Santa's hat, fuzzing the edges for a furry look. Frosty's magical top hat started with black paint. Both were painted front and back. Another coat of white was painted for Frosty'd face and Santa's beard and fuzzy trim.
I painted simple faces on the front side of my buddies and painted a popsicle stick black for Frosty's brim. I added a blue grey for shading.
I glued Frosty's brim on.
I painted a little trim on their hats and after a clear coat to protect, they are ready to hang.

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters

• KD
    KD

So adorable! How large are the utensils? And did you free hand santa?

• Karen Roland
      Karen Roland

The utensils are approximately 12" long and I did free hand the Santa. You could copy whatever style Santa face you like though to better coordinate with your decor/style.

• Pam McCaffery
    Pam McCaffery

if i polyurathaned them, would it still be healthy to cook with?

• Cristi Roe
    Cristi Roe

Love these! I have made elf faces out of my wooden spoons in the past, but I LOVE how you made Santa look manly, its not so easy to do with paint. Could you do a tutirial about this?

• Sandra
    Sandra

Genius

• Tammy Pulliam
    Tammy Pulliam

My son and I have painted wooden spoons in the past for a school bazaars. We did snowmen and santas and wreaths in the winter and in the spring we did everything from watermelons, bikinis, to sailboats. So fun and seeing this post makes me want to do some more!! Thanks for sharing!