Becky H
Becky H
  • Tampa, FL

New arbor for bougainvillea support.

I returned from a girl's week to find my dear hubby had made the simple arbor I'd requested as a birthday gift. I'm so pleased!!
With the removal of the viburnum tree, support for the bougainvillea was needed.  (view from gate)
With the removal of the viburnum tree, support for the bougainvillea was needed. (view from gate)
It's nothing fancy, but will work just beautifully for the bougainvillea and plantings around it!  I'm pleased as punch!!
It's nothing fancy, but will work just beautifully for the bougainvillea and plantings around it! I'm pleased as punch!!
Looking up.
Looking up.
View from the pond.  These are cramped quarters here.  The arbor is 4'w x 5'l x 7' h, perfect for the amount of space and the plant!!
View from the pond. These are cramped quarters here. The arbor is 4'w x 5'l x 7' h, perfect for the amount of space and the plant!!
As well intended as hubby may be, there seem to always be casualties associated with his carpentry.  Looks like the new motion sensitive light fixture in the storage room will be coming in handy.
As well intended as hubby may be, there seem to always be casualties associated with his carpentry. Looks like the new motion sensitive light fixture in the storage room will be coming in handy.

• Susan S

I can't even imagine how tickeled you must have been when you got home!! Now that he's proven himself and the only casualty was the motion sensor - who knows what he might decide to do next?? It looks great and I'm sure the two of you will get many hours of enjoyment!!

• Cathy Kurpil

I love it! Lucky girl!