Asked on Sep 23, 2012

Constructing an entertainment center out of wooden palettes.

Mary DuncanKMS WoodworksGail Salminen
+11

• KMS Woodworks

From a simplicity and economic standpoint. Building a lower "case" and have the TV sit on it will be far easier. Pallet wood is short, so getting the strength and height needed for a taller unit would be far more complex.

• Mary Duncan

Thanks for the advice..will consider that Its just I am the only one here and would here to remove the tv myself just thought I could build around it.

• KMS Woodworks

You could just build below it and then get a wire guard to cover the cabling that goes up to the tv.

• Mary Duncan

This is the space I am working with,Just wanna spice it up a little and hide wires and put a little more decor in this big room

q constructing a entertainment center out of wooden crates or palettes, painted furniture, pallet
  • KMS Woodworks

it looks like your part way there with the wire cover. building a 2 shelf unit to hose the DVD player and other type equipment should be pretty straight forward. Just be sure to leave the back open for wires and ventilation.

• Mary Duncan

Thanks..I appreciate the advise

• Gail Salminen

Found a site with an idea, you can probably use it as a start and maybe view what others have done with pallets and put a new design together for yourselfhttp://www.palletfurnitureblog.com/pallet-entertainment-centers/

• Mary Duncan

Thank you Gail.

• Mary Duncan

well I started the project today and it seems to be coming along well,only thing that is taking the longest to do is taking palettes the apart..the sanding is going fine I am using a belt sander with medium grit sand paper..will post before and afters when finished..Thanks

• Mary Duncan

picked up about 14 palettes and began to take them apart.

• Mary Duncan

these are just a few that I got.

q constructing a entertainment center out of wooden crates or palettes, painted furniture, pallet, just a view of the great wood these are made ofq constructing a entertainment center out of wooden crates or palettes, painted furniture, pallet, started the process of taking them apart using hammer and a pry barq constructing a entertainment center out of wooden crates or palettes, painted furniture, pallet, started samding them down with a belt sander using med grit paperq constructing a entertainment center out of wooden crates or palettes, painted furniture, pallet, My son Nick helping out we turned my shed into a work areaq constructing a entertainment center out of wooden crates or palettes, painted furniture, pallet, after sanding them down and making them smooth all over then we started the staining process pics to come soon
  • KMS Woodworks

shed converted to workshop....with AC no less....Nice.

• Mary Duncan

Yes sir AC is a must..and thanks

• Mary Duncan

the color is fabtastic (new word of mine)

q constructing a entertainment center out of wooden crates or palettes, painted furniture, pallet, This is just part of what I have stained truly my phone camera does not do the color justice its beautiful