Stefanie
Stefanie
  • Peyton, CO

Popsicle Stick Peek Through Snowflakes

It's been done a gazillion times. Glue some popsicle sticks together in a crisscross formation and you have yourself the easiest ornament on the planet, right? I really like the simplicity of popsicle stick snowflakes and wanted to make some this year with a few variations. Hole punching popsicle sticks and adding eyelet embellishments results in a pretty cool twist on a classic decoration. Here is a
popsicle stick snowflakes craft project idea, crafts
SUPPLIES
Popsicle Sticks
Standard Scrapbooking Eyelets
Heavy-duty hole punch (I used my Crop-A-Dile)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Paint or Wood Stain
Ribbon
Jingle bells, buttons, etc.
If you have a Crop-A-Dile, life is good! This scrapbooking tool has two hole punch sizes and a heavy duty grip that makes punching a hole through popsicle sticks a piece of cake. If you don't have a proper hole punch size to fit your eyelets, you may want to consider trying a small drill bit and drilling holes in your sticks instead.
I used the smaller of the two punches and punched 7 holes in each of the popsicle sticks.
Some snowflakes were created using 4 sticks and others with 5. Play around with the shape to determine what you prefer and once you've decided, hot glue the sticks into place.
Paint or apply wood stain to your snow flakes and allow to dry. If you've painted your snowflake, chances are your eyelets will fit tightly into the punched holes. If you've stained, you may want to apply a drop of glue to secure your eyelets in place. Glue on buttons, brads or bells to the center of your snowflake. Thread a piece of ribbon through one of your eyelets to hang your ornament.
This was one of those projects you can get a bit carried away with. ;)
Thanks so much for your interest and happy crafting!!
Stefanie

• Hannah V

Cute! This would be a great craft with kids.

• Stefanie

@Hannah V Absolutely!! If I could only learn to share these things more...lol! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!