Be Merry Painted Sign

$3

Today I'm sharing this Be Merry Sign I painted for our front porch. I have a whole vision of it out there with that cute little sled and a tree or some greenery along with the red bistro set I painted too and the full review will be up Monday so come on back. I have seen so many Believe signs which are beautiful and wanted to do something very cheerful to greet our friends and family.
This was very easy and inexpensive to make.
I found this piece of art at a thrift store for $3 and shared it on Tuesday Treasures #13 (it's a series on my blog where I share what I find at thrift stores, how to shop and what I do with the items after so come on over and check it out).
So here is how it looked when I found it.
It was something someone made and gave away and I knew I wanted a cute sign for my porch and this would be perfect.
I used red and white craft paint and you can get it at Michaels or Walmart for $.65 cents a bottle or a big container for $2.89 and I had it in my paint tub. I painted 4 coats of red paint on this so I could cover up the black. When I paint, I paint, and then set it aside and work on something else. Sometimes I paint over a couple days so I don’t rush my project.
Then I got some construction paper and drew my letters free hand. Sometimes, I look at Pinterest under signs to get ideas of what type of font I want my letters and then I measured out boxes on the paper and then drew and cut them out. They aren’t perfect but they are perfect for us.
Then I laid them out to get the look I wanted and then lightly traced around them with a pencil.
Come on over to the blog for the rest of the steps in the tutorial. Also I share a ton of other wonderful things like our home tour, Holiday home tour and lots of recipes too. You're invited!! See you there.
Sign
Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa
Here's our porch all dressed up for Christmas. I love this sign greeting me when I come home. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll