Recycled Burlap and Muslin Ruffle Tree Skirt

Here is a tree skirt I made over the weekend! I took alot of time to sew each ruffle onto the skirt, but I love how it came out!! Get it at www.thelittlegreenbean.etsy.com!
Burlap and ruffles
Burlap and ruffles
Tree Skirt
Tree Skirt
recycled burlap and muslin ruffle tree skirt, crafts
The little green bean

• Angela Shumate

(1) Can this be done with a glue gun (2) If so how do you get this around the artificial tree, do you have to put it on before adding the limbs? (3) If it is a live tree how do you know it will fit the thick end piece to put this around? (4) Is there a side that opens up because it doesn't look like it is? (5) Just trying to figure out how in the world does it fit around the base of a Christmas tree if it has no opening to put it around the base?

• Jeanne Martin

This appears to be a sales pitch to buy the ruffled skirt on Etsy. HomeTalk is a DIY site where we can obtain instructions on HOW TO MAKE IT. Can you please add instructions for making it on your post? Your blog post does not have nor does it have instructions for this particular tree skirt (but has another one posted for sale @ $100). I would like to make this tree skirt. Thanks.

• Kat =^.^=

Gorgeous!

• Judith

I have a suggestion for those of you that want to make one of these great tree skirts. I made a project years ago that required lots of ruffles and I used a wide zigzag stitch over a piece of dental floss around the top of the fabric and pulled it to make the gathers.You anchor one end and pulled the floss to make the fabric gather. It worked great. With the burlap you may need to zigzag over a string. Make sure you don't get the floss caught in any stitches. Love this skirt. It's simplicity is what makes it charming.