Christmas Ornament Made From Wedding Veil Scraps

$1

Did you know I spent 13 years as a tiara designer? I made lots of veils, too. I was one of the few manufacturers in the world that worked with silk tulle, in fact. I was making a veil for a sweetheart of a bride a few years ago, and it was close to Christmas, and I had some scraps of beautiful fabric from her veil just hanging around, and I had an idea. I simply had to use some of those scraps to create a Christmas ornament.
Turned out nicely, no? I was so happy with the results, and the bride was, too.
I cut some of the gorgeous Alencon lace flowers out of the leftover trim.
I carefully covered a glass ball with a scrap of leftover silk tulle, and adhered it to the ornament with Mod Podge. It looked kind of like a spider eggsac at this point, but it did get better, I promise.
A little more Mod Podge attached the cut out Alencon lace bits. Once it dried, I re-attached the ornament cap and tied a satin bow around it. An easy finishing touch for an ornament destined to become a family heirloom.

25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Nikki Wills

• Kym
    Kym

Oh my GOSH! My gown is victorian, and as neither of my daughters used it, I was trying to think of something to do with the eggshell lace. THIS IS IT!! They can have ornaments made from the lace to keep for years and that's loads better than it hanging in a garment bag! Thanks so much for this :)

• Diane
    Diane

Great idea.........I have my great grandmother's approx. 100 year old wedding gown that is disintegrating. Betcha I can make my mother an ornament for Christmas using at least part of the lace. Thanks for the idea!!
    • Nikki Wills
      Nikki Wills

What an amazing way to preserve at least part of the dress!