Christmas Ornament Made From Wedding Veil Scraps

186K Views
Did you know I spent 13 years as a tiara designer? I made lots of veils, too. I was one of the few manufacturers in the world that worked with silk tulle, in fact. I was making a veil for a sweetheart of a bride a few years ago, and it was close to Christmas, and I had some scraps of beautiful fabric from her veil just hanging around, and I had an idea. I simply had to use some of those scraps to create a Christmas ornament.
Time: 10 MinutesCost: $1Difficulty: Easy
  • christmas ornament made from wedding veil scraps, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor
Turned out nicely, no? I was so happy with the results, and the bride was, too.
I cut some of the gorgeous Alencon lace flowers out of the leftover trim.
I carefully covered a glass ball with a scrap of leftover silk tulle, and adhered it to the ornament with Mod Podge. It looked kind of like a spider eggsac at this point, but it did get better, I promise.
A little more Mod Podge attached the cut out Alencon lace bits. Once it dried, I re-attached the ornament cap and tied a satin bow around it. An easy finishing touch for an ornament destined to become a family heirloom.

Suggested materials for this project:

Nikki Wills

Ask a Question