Updates on repurposed birdbath sedum

I repuposed a birdbath this Spring and put three different types of Sedum in it. A few people commented that they wanted to do the same thing but weren't sure how it would fare.....well here are some updated pics of how mine made it through the summer....I'm quite happy with it....(pls disregard the leaves that have fallen in the flower bed, that's a never ending battle for me unfortunately) The only thing I'm a little disappointed with is the burgundy colored sedum doesn't show much color and I don't know if it's because it doesn't get enough sun? or what the problem is with it?? otherwise, it looks great in my opinion! lol.
Beginning of Summer/Springtime, about a month old.
09-23-12
09-23-12
09-23-12

• Vickie

I like this very much. I live in western Texas ans the wind blows up to 45 to 55 miles on some days but that is on the high side. This would work if i can find a sorta sheltered place from wind. This is only a comment to help. It looks like you get a lot of sun in your garden area on pic. If those are hostas you have also planted it is way too much sun for them. They need deep shade, forest deep. I did grow them in the Dallas area with giant pecan trees that only gave dappled light and they were hugh. This is only to help no critism intended.

• Lori Jackson

I did something similar in an old charcoal grill. Darned thing was heavier than all get out and with three legs, it is not going anywhere.

, The grill is to the left of the arbor I haven t had to replant it in several years though I do tuck a moss rose or two in every year