Christmas Place Card Moss Wreath

When we host a dinner for family and friends, I love making place cards. I think everyone feels special seeing his/her name. I know my kids do! Place cards help to make sure my daughter gets to sit next to her favorite cousin. (A happy kid makes for a happy Mom, too.) Lastly, I think they add a special, personal touch to the table setting.
For Christmas, I made moss covered wreath place cards. They
how to make a christmas place card moss wreath, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
I got all my supplies at a local craft store: 6 inch grapevine wreath, sheet of green moss, favorite ribbon (does not need to be wired), card stock in two colors to coordinate with your table setting (mine are off-white and gold) and a hot glue gun.
Cut out a circle on the moss sheet using the wreath as a template. With a hot glue gun, glue the moss to the grapevine wreath wrapping around the inside and outside edges of the wreath. Be careful not to burn your fingers - yes, I did, but only a little bit.
The moss only covers the top or about 50% of the wreath. The bottom half still shows the grapevine. I suppose you could cover 100% of the wreath with moss, but I like the balance of both natural elements – moss and grapevine. Added BONUS: It means I'm less likely to burn my fingers more with the hot glue.
Print your guest's names on off-white card stock and trim with a 1/4 inch border. I used Janda Truly Madly Deeply font (in case you're wondering). Glue onto gold card stock which is 1/4 inch larger on all sides than the off-white card.
Cut your ribbon to a 10″ length. Fold in half and wrap around the wreath. Put a little spot of glue on ribbon to ribbon at the base of the wreath to secure the ribbon in place. Then glue on your name card over the glue spot. We want to cover the glue on the ribbon with the card, so it doesn’t show through. No unsightly glue spots here.
Set your table and joyfully add your wreaths. The moss covered place card wreaths will add a festive touch to your beautiful Christmas table! And your guests will feel extra-special too!
Michele OurRoseyLife

• Donna LaFitte

Cute but I do not want all that shedding on my table.

• Bon313696

Don't care for this messy moss being blown on my table or floor. How about omit the moss completely.