Rolled Paper Christmas Tree Ornament

Way back when I was in elementary school, each Christmas we made handmade Christmas Tree ornaments. The ornaments hung on the school tree until Christmas break, then we took the ornaments home to hang on our own trees. Since then, I've loved making handmade for my tree.
how to make a rolled paper christmas tree ornament, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
I’m sure you’ve seen the rolled paper Christmas tree around, it’s such a cute craft. It also makes a super cute ornament and it’s very easy. For the specific paper sizes that I used, refer to post: http://www.hertoolbelt.com/rolled-paper-christmas-tree-ornament/
Spread mod podge on 2/3rd of the back side a paper, start the pencil on the clean portion of the paper and roll the paper onto the pencil. Hold the edge for a minute until the mod podge holds the paper in place, or tape it with scotch tape if you need to. Repeat for each paper strip.
Hot glue the rolls onto the stick, start at the top of your stick (mine is a scrap piece of wood), or place 2 popsicle sticks side by side. Hopefully you have a little bit of stick showing at the bottom for the 'trunk'.
Add a star and thread a piece of string through the top to hang it up.
Hertoolbelt

• Ajb943902

Haven't tried this yet, but when I first saw it I thought it was actually big enough to hang on the wall, with the wrapping paper glued around different length cardboard tubes. It would be great in a tiny apartment where you don't have room for a tree.

• Hertoolbelt

@Ajb2wi I got the idea from the big version. This one is perfect size for a tree ornament.

• S.Harley

What a great idea! You can never have enough Christmas Tree crafts. :)