1940's School Lockers Recreated

$55
Advanced

I LOVE re-creating vintage lockers! They can be used in any space and because they are only 1ft deep they literally fit anywhere! Here is just one set I re-created...
Here are some vintage lockers I got out of a school in Nobleford Alberta Canada built in the 1940's!!!! They were originally in the school and years and years later when they renovated the school the local curling rink took over the lockers. After years of use there the lockers went to a guy who put them up on kijiji. Enter me and $30....gasp, he wanted only t.h.i.r.t.y.d.o.l.l.a.r.s!!!
I Love that they are only 5ft tall, only the rare person was 6ft tall back then.

I primed the lockers first with Kilz Primer for 2 important reasons, #1 to keep any rust or starting rust at a stand still, and #2 so that the paint would stick to it.
I painted them in a sweet soft antique blue chalk paint. I used the overhead projector to transfer this image of a vintage perfume label to the lockers. I then hand painted all the letters with a tiny brush! I LOVE the process of hand painting.
I also painted the inside of the lockers for an overall re-creation.
One of the original locker handles was broken so I took them all off and added these cast iron door knobs in place of the handles. STUNNING!
I added MDF wood to each side as this was a middle piece of the locker set and needed something to cover the sides.
THESE turned out just like I saw them in my head!! I LOVE them!

• Chalk paint  (online)
  • Knobs  (online)

Ava Blake Creations