Simple Boxwood Wreath Using an Embroidery Hoop

$5

Today I am sharing my Simple Boxwood Wreath using an embroidery hoop. I love the simplicity and beauty of this wreath. When I can I try to bring outside inside when I am decorating. I have about five boxwood bushes in front of my house and thought I would use them for Christmas decorations this year. Of course, you can use faux boxwood for this easy to make wreath. I am doing a rustic modern Christmas this year and this wreath is perfect!
MATERIALS:
Boxwood branches
Embroidery hoop
Scissors
Ribbon
Hot glue gun
First I started by cutting a few branches off my boxwood bushes. I wiped the branches with a damp rag. I wanted to get any dirt and bugs off the branches since I am hanging this wreath inside my home. If you don't have boxwood bushes, you can buy faux branches from your local craft store.
Next, I cut small stems off the larger branch to fit on the embroidery hoop. Bend the stem to fit around the hoop. I found that the boxwood was easy to bend and did not break or tear the leaves. Then, use a hot glue gun to glue the stems to the hoop. Hold the stems down until secure. Continue this process until the hoop is covered with the boxwood.
I made two wraps with the boxwood around the hoop. One on the outside and the second on the inside of the wreath.
I tied a pretty lace ribbon around the top of the wreath. The boxwood wreath is hanging in my front window. It is so beautiful and adds color to my living room. I just made one wreath but since the are so easy and inexpensive to make, I will be making a few more.
Or, I might frame that gorgeous Riffle Paper Co. wrapping paper and hang the wreath in front of that. I LOVE that paper and the wreath really pops off the coral color.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Katie