Katie
Katie
  • Carterville, IL

Simple Boxwood Wreath Using an Embroidery Hoop

$5

Today I am sharing my Simple Boxwood Wreath using an embroidery hoop. I love the simplicity and beauty of this wreath. When I can I try to bring outside inside when I am decorating. I have about five boxwood bushes in front of my house and thought I would use them for Christmas decorations this year. Of course, you can use faux boxwood for this easy to make wreath. I am doing a rustic modern Christmas this year and this wreath is perfect!
simple boxwood wreath using an embroidery hoop, crafts, wreaths
MATERIALS:
Boxwood branches
Embroidery hoop
Scissors
Ribbon
Hot glue gun
First I started by cutting a few branches off my boxwood bushes. I wiped the branches with a damp rag. I wanted to get any dirt and bugs off the branches since I am hanging this wreath inside my home. If you don't have boxwood bushes, you can buy faux branches from your local craft store.
Next, I cut small stems off the larger branch to fit on the embroidery hoop. Bend the stem to fit around the hoop. I found that the boxwood was easy to bend and did not break or tear the leaves. Then, use a hot glue gun to glue the stems to the hoop. Hold the stems down until secure. Continue this process until the hoop is covered with the boxwood.
I made two wraps with the boxwood around the hoop. One on the outside and the second on the inside of the wreath.
I tied a pretty lace ribbon around the top of the wreath. The boxwood wreath is hanging in my front window. It is so beautiful and adds color to my living room. I just made one wreath but since the are so easy and inexpensive to make, I will be making a few more.
Or, I might frame that gorgeous Riffle Paper Co. wrapping paper and hang the wreath in front of that. I LOVE that paper and the wreath really pops off the coral color.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Katie