Maggie Lois
Maggie Lois
  • Castleton, VA

Christmas Embroidery Hoop Wreath

Hey y'all! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day and weekend! It was just the two of us for Thanksgiving again this year and it was so nice to stay in and relax. Besides gaining 15lbs in the last couple days I was able to get some Christmas decorating done, including my Christmas wreath!
Since my Fall Embroidery Hoop Wreath was so popular on Hometalk I decided to create another one for Christmas. After all, it does look like an ornament right?
christmas embroidery hoop wreath, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
Here's what you'll need...
18in embroidery hoop (Joann Fabrics)
fabric (Hobby Lobby)
spray paint
scissors
reindeer silhouette (Michael's)
craft paint (American, Spa Blue: Hobby Lobby)
hot glue gun
ribbon (Michael's)
floral wire
Wreath Tutorial:
First things first, spray paint the outer hoop. Two coats should do it.
After the paint has dried it's time to put the fabric in the hoop.
Place the outer hoop on your surface, then place the fabric over that hoop.
Before placing the inner hoop on top make sure your pattern is straight.
Once you've got the fabric the way you want, place the inner hoop inside the outer hoop, securing the fabric.
Flip the hoop over and make sure the fabric is pulled as taut as possible before tightening the hoops together.
Next, cut the excess fabric and be sure to get as close as possible so excess fabric doesn't poke through.
Cut two pieces of floral wire, string in between the fastener and twist into a hoop. This is what the wreath will hang from.
I normally like to do monograms on my wreaths however, I wanted something more Christmasy. When I saw this reindeer silhouette at Michael's I knew it would be perfecto.
You can check out my blog post for what I did with the reindeer and for the whole wreath tutorial!
After you hot glue the reindeer and bow to the wreath, it should look something like this...
So, what color scheme are you doing for Christmas this year?
Also, be sure to come back on Wednesday for my highly requested bow tutorial!

Maggie Lois