Mid Century Mod IKEA Rast Hack Dresser #BuildIt

When a local hometown company asked if I would hack an IKEA dresser to show the difference Hardware can make on a piece of furniture I jumped at the chance. Come see how a few modifications and some amazing hardware changed this pine box dresser into a Mid Century Mod looking dresser.
Good Morning my beauties! It's Monday morning makeover day and do I have an
awesome makeover for you today!
A few months ago I was contacted by a local company asking me to show how different hardware can make a HUGE difference in the overall look of a piece of furniture.
They asked if I would hack this plain old Ikea Rast dresser. I have never done a hack before so I was quite excited, but I had no idea what I wanted to do. I thought and thought about what I could do to totally overhaul and change the plain square look of this basic pine box. Well, I had just finished up working on my Mod Desk Makeover (you can see the full transformation HERE) and that was when inspiration HIT!
I was going to do a MCM Hack on this Ikea dresser.
The hard part was figuring out HOW to do it. :)
I started by assembling the dresser. To say that Ikea furniture is not a fave of mine to put together is an understatement. Coloring inside the lines has never been a strong suit of mine, therefore following such strict instructions usually give me the shakes,
but I did it all by myself!! Normally I have to call in my opposite brained husband to do these things, but I wanted to prove to myself I could in fact do it if I put my mind to it.
It actually went really well of course until one of the very last screws in which the improviser in me simply used a hammer instead of a screw driver. Problem solved LOL :)
To see the full makeover head on over to the blog.

Art is beauty

• Miriam I

Fabulous doesn't even begin to describe this!

• Annabel vL

I really love it! Could you tell me where you bought this template (geometric design)? :)