DIY Agate Slice & Copper Sconces

$100
Advanced

Earlier this fall, I was in a total creative funk! I just couldn't pull myself out of it or come up with a project idea that interested me... until I took a stack of old Elle Decor magazines with me on a road trip with my husband. Inside, I spotted an agate slice sconce that sold for $1650.
I was instantly inspired to create a pair of agate slice sconces myself, even though I had no idea how I would do it!
I ordered a gorgeous pair of hot pink 6" agate slices on eBay and asked my dad to help me brainstorm the best way to make brackets to hold them.
We settled on using copper refrigerator coil to create arms attached to a wooden plaque from the craft store. The ends are cut and bent into clips to hold the agate slice in place - visit the tutorial on my blog for all the details on how we created the arms!
I added a simple candelabra socket wire kit I found at the hardware store and covered the wooden plaque in copper leaf to match the copper arms.
Once the plaque was securely mounted to the wall, I installed plastic cord covers painted to match the wall. Then, I slipped in the agate slice and enjoyed my gorgeous new sconces!
Head over to my blog (link below) for the full tutorial and tons of helpful tips!

15 Memorial Day Crafts
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Brynne@The Gathered Home