DIY Frosty Snowball Ornaments

Want super easy DIY Christmas ornaments that look chic and stylish? Then you've found the right project.
Get the full tutorial HERE!
how to make your ornaments sparkle, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Using clear glass craft ornaments (from the craft store or even a thrift store- that's where I found mine!) add some of the SECRET INGREDIENT to the ornament and swirl it all around, including the neck, and dump the excess out.
( CLICK to find out the secret ingredient! )
Now you're ready for your icy "snow". AND, we'll be putting the "snow" inside the ornament, so it won't decorate your floor like glitter does! And the snow I'm using? Salt!
To fill in the gaps, I used some white iridescent glitter, which blended wonderfully with the salt to create a that icy, snowy, frosty look! Plus, the glitter added just a touch of shimmer, but not over the top shine!
Once I was happy with the look, I carefully replaced the cap (the method on my blog keeps the hanging wire from scraping the sides!!) and hung it on my tree.
SO, so pretty- just like a little snowball hanging on our tree. But my favorite part is that none of the "stuff" will come off- on my hands, my tree, or my floor. And my ornament is 3 years old now and looks just the same!

• Clear glass ornaments  (Craft Store or Thrift Store)
  • Salt  (Grocery Store)
  • Secret Ingredient  (Check out my blog for the reveal!)
Sadie Seasongoods

• Gordon Betsill

I suppose it all depends on what type 'look' one is going for. For ornaments I want it to have a high sparkle factor which cannot be achieved with salt. But as with anything else, one of not right or wrong.....it just depends on the look one is going for. Thank you.

• Lba3380155

You can put a family ( I used my grandaugther's ) picture that I had to take to be digitally done so it would be very thick on the paper, put it inside the Christmas bowl and then used red or any glitter color and they looked beautiful !