Gail@Purple Hues and Me
Gail@Purple Hues and Me
  • Millersville, MD

Corrugated Paper Snowflakes DIY

I love making snowflakes! It's a craft you can do during the winter months, not just at Christmas time. And you can make them out of lots of different types of materials such as twigs, hot glue, cardstock, coffee filters, pipe cleaners, felt and fabric. But have you ever thought about using corrugated paper to make snowflakes? For a complete tutorial visit:
how to make snowflakes out of corrugated paper, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor
Briefly, here's how to make these adorable corrugated paper snowflakes:
Cut corrugated paper into
1 - 12" x 6" pieces
2 - 6" x 6" pieces
4 - 4" x 3" pieces
16 - 2" x 3" pieces
2 - 1" circles
Tightly roll your pieces with the ridges horizontal and hot glue the ends. Next, hot glue the 6" pieces to the 12" piece, pressing rods firmly against each other until cool.
And then glue each of the 4" rods in between. Make sure you space the rods evenly and in the same direction. Have fun creating your design. I placed stars in the center but didn't like the look.
I wrapped twine around the rods for a more rustic look and stability and glued a loop on one end for hanging.
Finally, to give the snowflake a bit of sparkle, I painted Triple Thick embossing enamel onto the surface and sprinkled white glitter over it and then glued circles (instead of stars) to the center, front and back.
Another version using foil metallic corrugated paper:
Gail@Purple Hues and Me