Jeanie
Jeanie
  • Mount Joy, PA

DIY Growth Chart Ruler

Everyone marks their child's heights somewhere in their house, right? Like on a door frame. I know we did. Problem is, what happens when you no longer live in that home. I don't think the new owners would appreciate you removing the door trim ; ) This simple DIY wood growth chart ruler makes such a nice gift for a young family with growing kids AND they can take it with them whenever they move!
how to make a giant growth chart ruler wooden wall decor, crafts, woodworking projects
You'll need a 6' board, a black marker, painter's tape and a straight edge.
Measure and mark 1 foot increments with long lines....
... and then measure and mark the inch increments with shorter lines. Make a stencil for each number and trace the outline of each number onto the board at each foot line. Fill in with the marker.
Finish by adding a coat or two of stain. See my blog post for how I made homemade stain.
Jeanie