DIY Wood Photo Transfer Gift Idea

Create a Wood Photo Gift for Christmas gifts. Sometimes it’s hard coming up with the perfect gift idea for your loves ones. So I didn’t have to think to long about this cause everyone loves photos! So I decided to do a DIY Wood Photo Transfer Gift Idea using wedding pictures of my son and our daughter-in-law.
This image looks great on the wood. The wood photo images are pretty EASY to make. But you do need time to do these – due to the drying time. This isn’t a project you wait on until the night before you need them. But the great thing about this project is I purchased everything at Michaels and there was no need to cut any wood – yes!! The 12" x 12" birch squares are cut already.
I love this beach scene they took during their bridal session.
Run the dried image under the sink tap or use a damp cloth and wet the back of the paper. Begin rubbing gently to remove the paper. What you will see is the exposed transferred image coming to life – this is the fun part! Rub gently!! Once I the paper layer is off, let it dry slightly, and then repeat the process as needed to remove any paper that was left behind. Let dry completely.
For the complete tutorial please visit my site.
Toni - Design Dazzle

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions
  • Pet11653200 Pet11653200 on Nov 02, 2016
    Is all you do is put a picture on the board, wet, and then rub it?
  • Ruth Ruth on Nov 02, 2016
    Can the image be put on glass ( example window pane)?
  • Dedi Davis Dedi Davis on Nov 29, 2017
    I am a little confused you are adding the actual photo to wood, not a copy, right?

Comments

2 of 6 comments
  • Jennie Ehlert Jennie Ehlert on Nov 15, 2020

You might want explain that you need to use a image printed from a ink jet printer

• Billie Peach Billie Peach on Apr 22, 2021

I enjoyed your page but boy it was a long search for this project......

Next