Jessica C
Jessica C
  • Stoughton, WI

DIY Honey Almond Hand Creme #DIYGifts

$6.00

This hand creme is easy to make and is a wonderful gift for family and friends! The gardeners and DIY-ers in our family loved it!
diy honey almond hand creme diygifts, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
These little 4 oz. mason jars are filled with a homemade hand creme mixture.
In a double boiler, warm 1/2 cup almond oil until it nearly boils. Slowly add 3 tablespoons (one at a time) of bees wax (found in the candle making supplies at a craft store, the yellow block is pictured here) until melted. You can also use canning paraffin instead of bees wax. Stir until blended. You can add essential oil for fragrance when it has cooled slightly. Try lavender, orange or cinnamon oils.
Fill jars and top with canning lids. I boiled the jars for 5 minutes in a water bath. The jars will seal when they cool, and the creme will become solid. The I made some custom labels and added some bows for gift giving.
A pretty box and some shinny packing material from the Dollar Store help make a beautiful gift! More on the blog.
Jessica C

• Kerri

Once opened, what is the shelf life for this lotion?

• Kerri

What is the shelf life for this?

• Chandra

I have a question...should u fill the jars before putting in the water bath?