Bernice H
Bernice H
  • Woodburn, OR
Asked on Sep 30, 2012

Solar garden lights and power outage

Gaga's Garden - Susan FoxDee WBernice H
+4

No pictures here, but I thought I would pass on a tip maybe I learned from here, or wherever. We had a power outage tonight, I remembered the tip of bringing in the solar garden pathway lights instead of using flashlights! Worked super! Hubs was impressed! hahaha

What a great idea, Bernice. I would never have thought of that.

• Sweet Pea Studio

Thank you, Bernice. I hope your power has been restored.

• Gail Salminen

Great idea - will have to share this on fb - thanks.

• Kelly S

Great idea Bernice. I would have lit the camping lantern and the oil lamps. My hubs has a flashlight on him almost all the time, I think there is even one in the pocket of his bathrobe! It's a habit from work, where you never know when the power might go down and then you are in the dark looking for the one in the toolbag.

• Bernice H

Thanks all..dont remember where i got the tip, but it sure came in handy. We only have one solar light but youcan be sure I am going to get some more. No dead batteries here. My flashlight was dim..these were bright. I actually put it up near a mirror and got even more light!

• Dee W

Very clever and useful. This time of year we lose power often due to high winds. I'll remember this!

• Gaga's Garden - Susan Fox

Solar lights offer such beauty & ambiance to the garden as well as safety. I just love them.