Kathleen M
Kathleen M
  • Manahawkin, NJ

Skelly Doodles

Normally @ make 2 or three mosaic skulls (for Day of the Dead enthusiasts ) but this year I have been so busy and have had no time to mosaic any but had a bunch of skulls prepped so I have used doodling as a sort of meditation in the afternoon or evenings. It's been fun and cathartic @ the same time :)
Doodling supplies always @ hand lol This is the first skull wip
skelly doodles, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
pretty much done, I just have another few coats of lacquer to do

• Sun One

where do you get the skulls?

• Marina

I have purchased white plastic skulls at the Dollar store in their Halloween decorations for 1$ each...

• Evelyn frey

Really cool, but am I the only one wondering about the instructions? I just didn't see any application details, so did you use a Sharpie marker/pen? Is the skull plastic or ceramic or ? Where did you buy the skulls at? What was the cost for materials? More information please :)

• Kathleen M

Hi Evelyn, sorry I was out of town and away from my computer.... The skulls I use are bought at any craft store $5 - $ 8, depending on style, they are made of dense foam. I sprayed them with a white matte primer. Then, I used sharpies and after coated with a mixture or Weldbond glue and water ( about 50/50 ) as a kind of varnish. You could use what ever you want to though. I also mosaic them I posted a picture of one I did a few years back.

• Evelyn frey

Thank you for all the good information. I have pretty much everything except the skulls, which I plan to get at one of the the craft stores. I just hope they turn out as awesome as yours did :)

• Kathleen M

@Mary , thanks very much :)

• Marina

I love your black and white designs, very dramatic. I am going to try this out...