DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

Homemade Laundry Soap - $28 per year

$28.00

A friend of mine from work made her own laundry soap and shared some of it with me and I LOVE IT! I loved it so much I made more and I will continue to make more in the future. It's going to save us lots of money too!

I use this soap in my HE (high efficiency) washer and have had no problems at all so far. I've also noticed that the machine does not ask to be cleaned as often as it used to.
homemade laundry soap 28 per year, cleaning tips, Only 28 per year if you do an average 6 loads per week
Only $28 per year if you do an average 6 loads per week.

The ingredients you see above cost us $27.70, all from WalMart.  These ingredients will make enough soap for a year if you wash 6 loads per week.  It could last you longer than a year if you do less laundry. Oh and the best part is...you only use 2 tablespoons per load.
homemade laundry soap 28 per year, cleaning tips, This is what you need
Even though this was a bit of work to get put together, it makes the house smell wonderful and clean and best of all its very easy to use and cleans great!
homemade laundry soap 28 per year, cleaning tips, Store your homemade soap in the Purex softener bottle
Store your homemade soap in the Purex softener bottle.

Visit our blog by clicking right here for the full recipe. You'll also find the link to my Homemade Fabric Softener too! :)

Thanks for looking!

• Borax  (Walmart)
  • A&H Super Wash Soda  (Walmart)
  • OxyClean  (Walmart)
DeeDee

• Cheryl Markus Reynolds

My daughter made this "recipe" and gave me some to try. It cleans well. The clothes smell great. Can't wait to make my own.

• DeeDee

@Cheryl Markus Reynolds I hope you love it! I still make and use it all the time!

• Pamela Langone

ok made the soap it didn't last me a yr .maybe 5 months. We do a lot of laundry. But maybe I'm doing something wrong