Simple Southern Charm
Simple Southern Charm
  • Holly Springs, NC

Raised Relief Stenciled ANGEL WINGS Tutorial

I have been wanting to make angel wings FOREVER! I've seen them all over Pinterest in different sizes and made from lots of cool materials from wood and metal to plastic spoons and everything in between. I had a pretty large space in mind for them and decided doing a raised relief on canvas would be the best way to create my wings.
I purchased this massive 36x48 canvas from (don't forget to use a 50-% off
how to make raised relief stenciled angel wings for wall, crafts, painting, wall decor
I played with the positioning of the stencil to make sure I had it in the right spot and then applied the texture medium over top. Once dry, I gave the wings a light sanding to knock down any peaks and then painted with a champagne colored metallic paint.
My initial thoughts on the piece took a little turn and it wound up looking like this!
For a full tutorial and details on the products I used for this project, head on over to my blog. Make sure to leave me some love while you're there. Thanks a bunch! xo
Simple Southern Charm