Wood Tilt-Out Trash Cabinet

Until a few weeks ago, we had a nice stainless steel trash can. Nice…but still a bit of an eyesore being a trashcan and all. Then one day, I went to step on the pedal to raise the lid and the pedal broke right off. So we began looking a new trashcans and I just wasn’t loving anything I saw. Plus, the nice ones can be surprisingly pricey. Then, I saw a friend of mine ask for recommendations for where to buy a wood trash can cabinet on Facebook and it was totally one of those “Why didn’t I think of that?!” moments!
I’m so happy with how it turned out and we no longer have an unsightly trash can in the kitchen!
This is how it looked before. Not so pretty right? So we got to work! My husband did the building and I did the "prettying" it up.
I LOVE the weathered grey stain I used on it! It reminds me of old barn wood.
It's a pretty simple weekend project!
To see the plans we used and how we modified them check out the full post in the link below!
Dawn {Dawn Nicole Designs}

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 22 questions

Comments

2 of 296 comments
Next