How to Conceal Vertical Blinds With a Curtain

I kept my vertical blinds in the dining room because they are practical to block out the sun but I REALLY don't like looking at them. So I came up with a super quick and easy way to hide them, without using any tools or extra hardware! This is perfect if you live in a rental like I do.
how to conceal vertical blinds with a curtain, diy, home decor, how to, windows
I used a wood dowel to hang a curtain panel from the existing vertical blind valance hardware. Simple but it works!
The curtain panel hides the slats completely when the blinds aren’t being used and helps to soften the overall look when I do need to use them. It was the perfect finishing touch to my dining room makeover - so much better than always having to look at those vertical blinds!
For the rest of my windows, I took out the vertical blinds and replaced them with curtains and added a DIY window cornice, all without taking out any of the existing hardware. You can see how I did that in this video here:

Engineer Your Space

• Margie

I am clueless about the rods and clips. Where, specifically, can you get them? I have been mulling over ways to hang curtains over my ugly old rental vertical blinds, and this seems like the perfect solution. My problem is that I don't know where you get the clips and rods. You used a dowel. I am confused. HELP!!! Thanks!
  • Cgf27762494

Do you need a ride to go all the way across it can you just do the area where the blinds are stacked ? How do you measure the width , most drapery fabrics are 54" can I use half , I really just want to hide the stack and add some color too, my blinds cover two sets of sliding glass door never use it close them. Any ideas i can use to cover the very ugly cornice?
  • Gina Smith

I will try this project but I also have a question, what can I do to cover my bedroom closets, management is not replacing the doors, I was thinking about tension rods and shower curtains, anymore ideas out there would be appreciated.

• B. Enne

Perfect for buildings where you aren't allowed to remove them, because all the units must be identical from the OUTSIDE.

• Marilyn Bailey

I put a rod with clips over top of vertical blinds and added sheer curtains, looks very nice