Desk to Hutch

My neighbor had to move and left a bunch of things in our field, covered. Later she came back and took what she wanted and left tons of things to go to the dump. Well....she left this filthy, unloved desk in our field. At first I was going to take it to the dump also. Then I thought maybe I would clean it up and sell it on craigslist. The more I looked at it the more I came up with a different plan.
Before/Front
It is solid wood. Very heavy!!
Back
Front and in the process of cleaning it up.
Added sexy legs to it!!
I didn't like the desk the way it was, thought it needed to be prettied up a bit.
Adding primer and paint.
Of course it needed knobs.
Scrap paper added to inside of drawers.
I added a distressed scrapbook paper to the drawers to give it a little more character.
These are the drawers when finished.
This is the final beauty!! Love her and I think she is happy.
Before
After
What do you think!!
Updated picture of what I have done with this hutch!

27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Cheryl / Down Sprigg Lane

• Emmawilliams1
    Emmawilliams1

yes, 20 years ago, my new husband had an old desk in an unused mother in law house...He was going to junk it...Well I found a handmade hutch {pie safe} hidden away in a closet. was dark stained. I dragged the desk in and painted it white..We brought the hutch out and I sanded and painted it white..Set it on top of the desk as you did yours, EXCEPT my hutch had only 1 inch on each end, consequently looks like it all was bought together. Compliments galore when guests come into my shabby, but comfy rustic old school house. And to think no one wanted either piece and the beautiful hand work on the {pie safe} and has the old wavy look glass used way back when instead of the glass of today... So glad you salvaged the old desk etc and does look very nice Enjoy and savor the moments!!

• Trixie63
    Trixie63

That would make a great piece fir a crafting room!!!