Brooke N
Brooke N
  • Lake Jackson, TX

RIT Dyeing IKEA Slip Covered Sofa - Klippan

The process is amazingly simple. Soak your slipcover in the bathtub, start your washer and follow the directions on the bottle. I used a mixture of purple and fuchsia to come up with this eggplant color. It was absolute perfection. I adored my purple couches, and if you take a look at the RIT website, the options really are endless! They have a gorgeous honeysuckle rose, the perfect shade of aqua, and so
rit dyeing ikea slip covered sofa klippan, crafts, reupholster, window treatments, RIT dyed purple IKEA sofas
RIT dyed purple IKEA sofas
rit dyeing ikea slip covered sofa klippan, crafts, reupholster, window treatments, RIT dyed red IKEA sofas
RIT dyed red IKEA sofas
Brooke N

• Albert Leonard

Good infra and looking too nice and also well maintained.I really find the Slip Covered Sofa to be very elegant. I love them. I also found out slip cover in "reynascustomupholstery.com" website like you which Designs are wonderful.Thank you for sharing with us such a nice blog.

• Diane Read

I just bought a new slip cover for my chair and I wanted white but it is more of an natural brownish color. I was thinking about dying it white, do you think the white will cover this color okay?

• Barb in Texas

@Diane Read This is a bit like the people who constantly walk into my office supply store and tell me they need 'both' kinds of printer ink, the color ones and the black & white. I have a similar problem with some dropcloths I want to dye to make curtains, though, has anyone used the RIT bleaching formula first, or should I just stick to good old diluted Clorox? I read a tip from one woman who said she used borax to whiten her beige fabric first, I was thinking to try that first, and then bleach if it didn't work. I'm not trying to make them sparkling white, just lighten the beige color a bit before dying them.