Pallet Wine Rack

Cut pallet to size, remove a few extra slats on for the top shelf, another for the wine glass holder, and another (not shown here) cut to size, to create a bottom. For the bottles to sit. Sand everything smooth.
how to make a pallet wine rack, diy, pallet, wall decor, woodworking projects
Put it all together. Stain or paint it!
Attach to studs in the wall with heavy duty hooks on the back. Voila! Cheers 🍷

• Loretta

How did you hang it?

• Dawn Maessner Schoenfeld

Although I did not make this item, I think they may have used a keyhole method for hanging. There are keyhole mounts you can purchase and then use a router to recess the mount or you can use a keyhole attachment on a router.

• Rob Bungay

i just cut them out with a jigsaw and then used my router to round them out and recess them a bit to hold the glass

• Debora Cadene

Hi Lian.....How much space did you leave so you glasses could easily get in and out? Less then an inch, or more? I'm also wondering the width of the slots....1/2" or more? If it was no bother, do you think you might be able to take a tape to it and measure. thanks bunches, Debbie

• Jessica

Are the bottles sitting on the glass bottoms?

• Jonathan Tadgell

As they say in the brief description you need to make bottom for the bottles to sit on

• Thomas

Approximately 25mm free movement for the glass bottom, width of slot is about 12mm ending in a round of 25mm

• Adley Firmin

How wide and tall is this wine rack

• Mary Jane Patti

how did you get the slots for the wine glasses???
  • Jenn Nudelman Turnbull

Love this. Can you tell me what you used to hang the wine rack on the wall? What type of heavy duty hangers did you use? Thanks
    • John Drobysh

Although I have not built this yet myself, based on the approximate size, weight of 8 - 10 bottles (full), I would drill pilot holes in the upper slat on the back and anchor it to the wall with screws. You'll want to be sure and hit wall studs as wall anchors may not support the weight, and make a bigger hole in the wallboard. Make sure to use long enough screws to get one inch or more into the wall studs. Probably 2" to 2 1/2" long screws with a wood thread should do.

• Maddy

What kind of stain did you use for this? I love the color!
  • Jimmy Howard

The width of most pallets are 3.5 to 4" wife and some wine bottles are to wife at to base to fit properly. Do you modify the bottom to accomadate ?
  • Brandon Ford

What are your measurements

• Brandon Ford

What are your measurements

• Jerry

where do i get all the measurements

• Susan Groh Archer

I found these measurements on Etsy.

4 1/2 - 5 inches wide x 15-16 inches high x 38-40 inches long Inside dimensions 3 - 3 1/2 inches.

• Kate Welling

That is one beautiful wine rack! I also love that you made it possible to hang the glasses too. I want to make one but I don't trust my building skills enough to store bottles of wine on top of it! So lovely though! http://www.wjgmercentile.com/dept-45160

• Michael

This is sooo cool! I know what what my daughter is getting for Christmas!)))

Your build instructions were extremely simple and very clear. Good job there!

I definitely am going to do this. May have to add spacers for the wine bottle shelf, depending on the pallet. Thank you for explaining the wine glass rack. Funny and informative. Thank you for sharing.