Sometimes You Just Can't Paint Wood, at Least All of It

When I stepped in to a resale shop located downtown that I had yet to visit, I turned and said to my kids, "Uh oh, I shouldn't have found this place." Furniture everywhere and priced well too, but this piece just caught my eye.
Just look at those details and the inlaid top with the geometric design....wow.
staining top of furniture piece, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Would you have done it? Would you have taken the plunge and painted? Come read the full story on my blog.
Would you have snatched this beauty from it's lonely place?
If you look past the wear, you can see what a gorgeous top this once was.
I really couldn't decide if I should paint or not, but my favorite color just kept popping up in my mind for the table. I've only used that color on special projects like this rocking chair because it's a "oops" paint and I don't know what it's called. I'm scheming to make more!
Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces