DIY Whimsical Woodland Ornaments

I'll admit it-- I'm hooked on teeny miniatures, especially around the holidays. Seeing a winter wonderland scene in small scale makes my heart go pitter patter! After spotting woodland ornaments at my favorite home decor retailer, I knew I had to try my hand at making them myself. Check out the easy how-to so you can create a whimsical set of woodland ornaments for your tree too! Decor
diy whimsical woodland ornaments, christmas decorations, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
Wondering how to get a mini winter wonderland into a small ornament? Here's the top secret details!
Here's what you'll need-- faux snow (filling), plastic ornaments that snap in half (got mine at Michaels), hot glue, miniatures (there all came from the holiday aisle at Michaels...)
Add a dab of hot glue to the bottom of the faux snow, and stick facing DOWN into one side of the ornament. Remember that you may be able to see the glue from the outside so keep it neat. :) ALSO: don't let the hot glue strands touch the ornament, they are hard to get off!
Do this on both sides.
Now add your miniatures! A dot of glue keeps them in place. Please read my blog post for more important tips on getting this part right. Then, snap the ornaments together.
The sky is the limit when it comes to what you add inside. I kept mine simple and just love them! Mini deer + mini bottle brush tree = heart melting!
Want to see more DIY Christmas ideas as well as photos of all the ornaments? Stop on over to the blog; this is just the tip of the (rustic woodland themed) iceberg!
Carrie MakingLemonade