Giving Thanks ~ A Sunlit Thanksgiving

Do your holiday table settings tell a story? For this setting my thoughts were on the warmth of gathering with family and the sunlit tones that would channel that message.
thanksgiving tablescape, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, thanksgiving decorations
I’ve set many Thanksgiving tables over the years, and each one I like to be different. When I approach a setting, the first thing I think about is what is the mood I want to create and what is the message I want to convey? This setting, it turns out, would literally say "thanks".
In most cases I start with a pattern and this tablescape is no different. I was crushing on these Williams-Sonoma salad plates last year and missed out on them, so the second I saw them back in play this year, I jumped at the opportunity and ordered them right away. I decided to draw out the copper tone in the plates, so my chargers are put to use here and balanced against simple white dinner plates from Crate and Barrel.
Sprinkled about the table are some mini white pumpkins that have been wandering around the house throughout the fall season. Here I have one balanced on a section of the centerpiece, whose function will become apparent in the next few photos.
The broad view of the table reveals my key concepts – the large copper receptacles that bring a burnished glow to the table, and my painted letters that spell out “thanks” across the tabletop. I promise you there is more paint and glitter on the kitchen table where I was working than on the letters you see here!
Lory @ Designthusiasm