Painting Laminate Countertops

We were so happy with how painting our cabinets turned out, that we decided to take the plunge and try painting our laminate countertops. We knew that we didn't have much to lose, besides a few dollars in primer and paint, and that if things didn't work out, we were planning to get new countertops anyway.
After cleaning of the surfaces with a stronger cleaner and taping everything we didn't want painted, we got to work.
One layer of primer, one layer of paint, and three top coats later, we were left with a beautiful, glossy surface that we absolutely love.
It is amazing what a little effort and paint can do to revamp a room in need of some help!
Check out the full post for all of the details!

Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Elizabeth Joan Designs

• Lila
    Lila

Hi

what type and colour paint did you ise?

• Tiffiney
    Tiffiney

Does it matter WHAT TYPE of primer, paint & What did you use for a TOP COAT?? I'm about to do mine & what Iv read is use the CRAFTERS ACRYLIC.. I too am going w black but I'd like to add marbling & IDK nothing about a TOP COAT😳 PLEASE Tell me what you used. They look GREAT!! I want mine to look that great!!?? Waiting for your reply.. Thank You!! 😃

• Jeanie
      Jeanie

beware of the big box stores, not everyone will have the knowledge you need. I would look to smaller hardware shops, they have more info to share!!

• Christine
    Christine

Why didn't you use a foam roller for a smooth finish?